1. The Mayan civilization was born in Laos.
2. The Principality of Monaco is smaller than Central Park in New York.
3. Mongolia is the least densely populated country.
4. The United States bought Alaska from Russia.
5. In 1970, the world's population was half of what it is today.
6. The United Nations (UN) recognizes 197 countries.
7. The world’s tallest waterfalls are in Venezuela.
8. The center of the Inca civilization was in Mexico.
9. New York City once was a Dutch colony.
10. Portuguese is the official language of ten countries.
11. Bern has been the capital of Switzerland for over 170 years.
12. Kosovo is the youngest country in Europe.
13. Belgium has two official languages : French and Dutch.
14. France is the second-most populous country in Europe.
15. England, Scotland, and Northern Ireland are the three nations that make up the United Kingdom.
16. Crossing a dozen countries, the Danube is the longest river in Europe.
17. The European Union was founded by six countries : Germany, Belgium, France, Italy, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands.
18. After Russia, Ukraine is the largest country in Europe.
19. Luxembourg is the capital of Luxembourg.
20. France is home to the highest municipality in Europe